On the cape of Poseidi 3km SW of Kalandra, it is located the most ancient temple of Poseidonas, with references even from Thucydides and Athonite documents of 14th century. The excavations brought to light the ruins of an ancient temple, unfortunately at low altitude. The findings prove the constant worship of the ancient God from the 12th century until the Roman period.
In 1864 was built on the edge of the cape and a lighthouse which is preserved until nowadays.
Potidaia, Canal of Potidaia
The canal of Potidaia which unifies Thermaikos and Toronaios Gulfs with 1250m length, 40m width, 8km breadth and the impressive bridge of 18m height. The date of opening is not known, when Potidaia as a settlement was rebuilt and reached its final form in 1922, giving shelter to refugees who came to the region from the Eastern Thrace.
Kallithea, Ammon Zeus temple
The altar of Ammon Zeus was founded around the 5th century BC and was considered to be one of the most important places of worship in ancient Greece for god Zeus, After a short period, the temple was rebuilt with tiers and seats for watching the events at the Altar. During the reign of Theodosios the temple was totally destroyed and on its location was built the basilica, whose some parts are saved until nowadays. It is remarkable that the church was built with the material of the altar and in 1071 came to the possession of Holy Monastery St. Panteleimon, Mount Athos. Lots of the findings are kept today at the Holy Monastery of Mount Athos, when after the excavations the finding revealed, were transferred to the Archaeological Museum of Poligiros.
Olynthos is considered to be the most important cultural center of Halkidiki during the Classic times, when was inhabited by the Neolithic Era. It is located 4km away from the sea, at the region of Toroni and is being expanded on the north and the south hill. It is built according the Ippodameios system with shaped squared blocks, houses, yards, and roads. Quite impressive are also the frescoes and the “pastada” – building material for the Olynthians houses.
Petralona, Cave of Petralona
The Cave of Petralona is located 1km away from the settlement of Petralona and opened for the public in 1979. It is about a unique cave with traces of Archanthrope period, dating to 700.000 years, prints of existence of the most ancient European ancestors. The cave is horizontal in shape, of approximately 1800m length, and until now it has revealed 28 geological layers. The stalactites and the stalagmites create a fairy, almost unreal scenery, when the findings reveal the great importance of the cave. Some of them are Paleolithic tools- more than 1000 pieces, bones from big mammals and lots of other.